Thursday, March 20, 2014

What's cooking? - Clam Chowder

Looking for a quick, easy meal for meatless Friday?

Look no further!

Clam chowder!


"Doctored", not homemade, is one of our favorite meals.

Everyone in my family loves the rich creaminess and taste of this chowder. For me, I love that I can just throw it together!

If you don't mind using canned goods, then this is a recipe you might like to try.

It is a recipe that I got from my slow cooker cookbook, but I make it on the stovetop.

If you make it in your crockpot, you cook it for two hours on low.

On the stovetop: low heat, and maybe 45 minutes - that's it!

1 small onion (chopped)
1/2c butter
In a soup pot melt butter over low heat.
Add onions and cook until soft (about five minutes).

Add the following:
3 cans condensed cream of potato soup (like Campbell's)
2 cans condensed clam chowder (I like Snow's)
2 - 6 1/2 oz. cans clams (chopped/ minced) WITH JUICE
1 pt. (16 oz.) half-and-half
Cook over low heat, 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

I like to sprinkle fresh parsley on the top before serving!



No comments:

Post a Comment