Saturday, March 1, 2014

Quick cards!

Almost every month I host a class called "2/5/15." It means that you make two of five different cards and it cost $15. The cards are meant to be easy enough that even a beginner stamper can do them! I provide a sample for you to follow and I have all of the materials there, including having the paper cut for you.

I've been doing this class (or something similar) for years. It's a great way to build your card collection. Since we make two of each card, many stampers keep one for their "idea file" and give one away. 

I love this class because it gives me a chance to see my friends at least one time a month! Throughout the years the "regulars" have formed friendships too, and that's nice to see! 

Usually I have a theme. This month it was "new product" featured in the Occasions mini catalog and Sale-a-bration brochure.

Here are all five cards that we made:
 
Two of them (The bottom middle card and the bottom right card )were already spotlighted in another post with the title "sneak peek". If you want details how to make those you'll have to check out that post!

The other three I will talk about here.

Let's start on the top right-hand side of that picture - the "hey there" card.
I love the color combination on this card!

The card base is Basic Gray and the accents are Costal Cabana, with a little bit of the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper thrown in.

The card was first embossed with the Wildflower Meadow embossing folder.
The polkadot piece of DSP was scalloped using an edgelit from Adorning Accents:
We added the Coastal Cabana Stretch Ruffle Trim to this piece. I adore this ribbon! It stretches - so not only do you use less of it on each card,  but it has also been used successfully to edge shaped elements like circles and squares!

Stampers had several options for greetings when making  this card. They could make a card for any occasion! We used the Word Bubble set and matching framelits. It is a new set offered in the Occasions mini catalog.
-----
See you later, alligator!
This card has a Crumb Cake base and it also uses three strips of green card stock: Old Olive, Garden Green and Pear Pizazz. This is a CASE of a card by Michelle Reynolds.

We ran those three strips of paper through the Big Shot using the Decorative Dots embossing folder. The folder is a free option when you spend $50!

The stamp set, See You Later, is also a free option during Sale-a-bration. (For other samples using this set, there are two other posts on my blog).

For extra sparkle, we finished the card off with a red heart punched from glimmer paper using the small heart punch!

----
"Artsy" poppy card
For this card we used, once again, my favorite new set Happy Watercolor.

First, we stamped the "wash" stamp and the greeting in Tangerine Tango ink. Next, the flower was stamped in Early Espresso. A Daffodil Delight "swoosh" was added both to the greeting and to the middle of the orange flower. Can you see it?

Two strips of the new Watercolor Wonder washi tape were added below the greeting. 
For extra gold sparkle we added a few gold "sequins". These are not from the gold sequin trim they are selling in the new Occasions mini catalog. (Shown below)
I don't own them, so I made my own! I simply took punched circles of our gold foil sheets and used my paper-piercing tool to put a hole in the middle of each. A little time-consuming, but hey, when there's a will there's a way!

I hope you like the cards we made! I tried to use all new products. You can find them online by visiting my website: 

Click on "shop" in the upper right-hand corner. Then, in the left-hand column you'll want to browse the Occasions mini catalog. When you spend $50 (from any catalog or even the Clearance Rack), you get to choose one FREE  item from the Sale-a-bration brochure!

The next class is scheduled for Friday, March 21.

Maybe I'll  see you there!









No comments:

Post a Comment