Thursday, March 13, 2014

"Throwback Thursday"- Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Since Monday is the annual Irish holiday of St. Patrick's Day, I thought I would feature this cute box for "Throwback Thursday":
Behind his smirking Leprechaun face is a little gift box!

In the past, I have offered two classes called "A Year of Big Shot Boxes". We used Big Shot dies to make two different kinds of boxes (If memory serves me correctly, they were called "box #2" and "scalloped- top bag"). Most of the designs were made from the Top Note shape and punches, (like the one you see here).

Over the years I have presented small gifts in the boxes so many are now gone.

Here's what I have left:
Aren't they cute?

The designs came from several sources.
If you took one of these classes you know that we made a box for every month, January through December.

The ones that I have used  -that are now gone - include: a Thanksgiving turkey, a fall pumpkin, a Halloween mummy and Frankenstein, a sunflower and "baby New Year" on a clock with the hands on 12 o'clock.

Here is a closer look, from left to right, at the boxes that we made for December, June and December (the second time around):

The Leprechaun box was, obviously, for the month of March during the first class.

Here are some boxes representing April, May and July:

They all look so dear when presented with a cellophane bag filled with seasonal candies.

Remember, it doesn't have to be a big gift when you're doing a "random act of kindness" but my motto is: "presentation is everything"!

No comments:

Post a Comment