Saturday, March 29, 2014

What's cookin'? - "Impossible" Pie

The other day I had a hankering for something sweet.

I looked through all the recipes I had pinned on Pinterest to see if I had anything I could easily make with what I had on hand at home.

I came across a recipe for "Impossible" Coconut Pie.
At first I was a little afraid!

After all, it was called impossible!

Why would you even post a recipe if it's something that is impossible to make?

After reading how to make it, I found out that it wasn't even remotely impossible to make! The fact that it's called "impossible" refers to its ability to  transform from a liquid mixture into a delicious pie!

A pie you make in the blender? Yep!

It could just be the simplest thing I've ever made! It's unbelievably fast and easy!

Really!  You just mix all the ingredients in a blender and pour it into a pie pan to bake! That's it! I'm not kidding!

And we loved it! 

The flour will settle to form a crust. The coconut will rise to form a topping. The inside will be a custard-like texture.

Try it for yourself! It does not disappoint!

"Impossible" Coconut Pie

In a blender mix together:
•4 eggs
•1 stick butter, melted
•1c sugar
•1/2c flour
•2c milk (I used coconut almond milk because he had it!)
•2t vanilla
•1c Coconut
• nutmeg (optional, for sprinkling on top before baking)

Pour mixture into a greased pie plate.
Bake 350° for 1 hour. Center of pie should be barely set and edges starting to pull away from crust.
Cool.
Serve warm or chilled (I prefer chilled)



No comments:

Post a Comment