Thursday, March 6, 2014

Playing with Petite Petals

Last week you saw a card that we did in stamp club that had a little flower from Petite Petals. 

I decided that it was time I played with this new set a little more.

So, of course I went to my Pinterest board and found a card that I wanted to straight out copy (CASE). 

And this is it:
Anything with a rainbow of colors is really catching my eye days! 

The background lines are made with a stamp from the set Gorgeous Grunge. It was stamped in Smoky Slate.


The flowers were stamped in the colors (from left to right): Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Island Indigo, and Smoky Slate. Then they were each punched out with the coordinating punch, adhered with Dimensionals so they pop up, and a rhinestone was added to each for a little bling.

You will find Petite Petals (and more!) in the Occasions mini catalog. You save 15% when you purchase the bundle (the stamp set and punch)!
The second card I made was a CASE too, but I change things up a bit.

Here's the original card made by demonstrator Michele Reynolds:

And here is mine:
Thank you, Michelle for the inspiration!

I loved how she used the negative space from the punch on the strips of her card! I knew right away that I wanted to do that.

I had seen this done before with both hearts and butterflies, and loved the way it looked, but I had never tried it myself. There is a first time for everything, right?

I had just received the Sweet Sorbet accessory kit as a free gift from Sale-a-bration, so I knew I would copy her use of the Crisp Cantaloupe twine. 

Based on the color of the twine I had to choose a color combination for the card. For this, I consulted my trusty Color Coach

I picked the top combination on the card and I was on my way!

Instead of using the polka dot embossing folder, I chose the retired Vine Street embossing folder so it looked like the flowers had stems with leaves.

I used this little trick to get them perfectly aligned on the embossing folder:
I used Dotto repositionable adhesive to hold them where I wanted them to be on the folder before sending it through the Big Shot!

After glueing them to the card, I popped the punched flowers with Dimensionals and added a jumbo pearl to each one.

The greeting is from Delightful Dozen.

You can find all these products on the Stampin' Up! online store or in your catalogs.

For online viewing, be sure to visit my website and click on "shop" in the upper right-hand corner. You'll find both the Occasions mini and the Sale-a-bration brochure in the left-hand column once you get to the store!



While you are at the store,  it's always fun to check out the Stampin' Up! blog for tons of creative ideas! Just look for the word "blog" along the top banner, Or click the Stampin' Up! logo in the upper left-hand corner.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment