Monday, March 3, 2014

What's cookin'? - My favorite salad!

We have discovered an amazing find that I thought I would share with you... this salad mix that we get at Costco. 
We love it!!

We were buying it for months in the summer and fall, and then it went MIA for a while, but it's back! I'm so happy!

Why do I love it so much - enough to share it on the blog? Well...

1) It's delicious!
2) Everything comes with it! (No prep!)
3) Is his full of "super" foods
4) It makes a great base for add-ins!
5) It's delicious!

I'm not kidding when I say that it is delicious! This salad get has its own following on Facebook! No lie! Look it up!

Anyway, it's a mixture of chopped kale, cabbage, broccoli, radicchio, and brussels sprouts. It comes with a packet of roasted pumpkin seeds and Craisins (you know - those sweetened, dried cranberries). It also comes with two packets of poppyseed dressing. It's all there. All you need is a bowl!
I sometimes don't even put that pumpkin-seed/Craisin mixture in - or sometimes I do, and I add to it. I've added so many things to this salad - I never get bored. It is always wonderful! I have tried:
• Chopped pears
• Chopped apples
• Berries (blueberries, strawberries)
• Canned mandarin oranges
• Walnuts
• Grilled chicken
• Roasted turkey
• Blue cheese crumbles
• Feta cheese crumbles

I'm sure you can come up with other options!

I tend to always go for the sweet, fruity flavors. The poppyseed dressing that comes with the kit is great. However, rather than having an open packet in the fridge, right now I'm using something that we already have.
This dressing is wonderful on anything that has a fruity flavor! 

Sweetened, dried cranberries are full of sugar and poppyseed dressing is not light! I have to be careful not to "OD" on it/make a healthy salad unhealthy!
My husband likes more of a savory flavor so instead of adding the cranberries and poppyseed dressing he has added things like tuna fish, Parmesan cheese, and a balsamic dressing.

Any way you serve it, it's great! If you can find it I highly recommend it! Look it up online and see where you can buy it. In some areas Walmart carries it. 

I hope you can find it - it's divine!


No comments:

Post a Comment