Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What's cookin'? - Corn Pudding

One of my new favorite side dishes is corn pudding.
We usually eat a lot of vegetables as side dishes. I like most everything, so it could be anything: artichokes, asparagus, beets, carrots, greens, you name it -I'll eat it! Roasted, raw, baked, steamed... any way you serve it, it's fine with me!

Getting my boys to eat vegetables? Well, that's another story!

I prepare a variety of vegetables, and in different manners hoping to find one that appeals to their immature sense of taste. I know that it's not hopeless - geez, when my husband and I first started dating he only ate corn. Now he eats anything I put in front of him! So I keep plugging away....

I don't always please both sons, but the next day I try to appeal to the other one! Like this one - three out of four of us love it - the other one doesn't like corn ! (Sigh) If he would just try it, I know he would like this one. Maybe someday....

I found this recipe on the Internet and I have made it now three times. Once was at Thanksgiving  (yes, it's special enough to make it to that meal) and the other two times, well, you know, we just needed some comfort food!

That's how I would categorize this side dish. It's definitely not your steamed veggies that you have alongside your fish every night. It's a stick-to-your-ribs kind of side dish.

Take my word for it - it's super yummy! I could just eat it out of the casserole dish with a spoon!

Soft corn bread? Better!
Corn Pudding

• 1 can cream-style corn
• 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
• 2 eggs, slightly beaten
• 1 stick butter, melted
• 1 box Jiffy brand corn muffin mix
• 1 c sour cream

Mix all ingredients well in a casserole dish. Bake 350°, 45 to 55 minutes depending on your size of dish, until edges start to turn golden brown.

Be careful not to eat it all at one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment