An easy dessert that pairs well with your Italian food is ricotta ice cream with honey and almonds.
It is such a simple dessert yet it is really impressively delicious.
Make sure you use a good quality ice cream so that you get the optimum flavor and creaminess of this dessert.
3/4 c Sliced almonds
1/2 gallon Vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 c ricotta cheese
1/2 c Honey
* Toast almonds: You can do them in the oven 350°, 5-10 minutes OR toast in a small frying pan over low heat until golden brown - five minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool completely.
* Put a large metal bowl in the freezer.
* The ice cream stand at room temp until it begins to soften.
* Purée ricotta and honey in a food processor until smooth.
* Remove the chilled bowl from the freezer and transfer the ice cream to it. Stir until smooth.
* Add ricotta mixture to ice cream and stir.
* Transfer ice cream mixture to a shallow pan (stainless steel is recommended) and return it to the freezer, covered, about one hour - until it's firm and you can scoop it.
* Top with the toasted almonds.