Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My favorite FREE set!

See Ya Later is one of the sets that you can earn free with a $50 purchase during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-bration. The sale runs until the end of March - don't miss out!

You can choose from among several different free items but this, by far, is my favorite!
The cards are CASEs of cards that I saw and pinned on Pinterest. I liked them so much, I knew that I had to have them for myself!

The first was inspired by a card made by demonstrator Brian King. It uses the See Ya Later stamps, the "wash" stamp from Happy Watercolor, and the new Watercolor Wonder DSP.

I love how the Crushed Curry just pops out at you from the Elegant Eggplant color!
This card will be perfect to give my husband on our anniversary. We went to a school that had the school colors of plum and gold, so it's perfect in so many ways!
This card is almost an exact copy of one by demonstrator Paula Dobson.

The card base is Basic Gray. On the stamp I used Crushed Curry and Smoky Slate markers, after I realized that I did not have the Basic Gray marker. Hmmm...  I'll have to ask the boys where that disappeared to...

Anyway the clouds were cut out using the new Word Bubble framelits (from the Occasions mini catalog). Most of the framelits  have little "stems" like, you know, they're coming out of someone's mouth... But there is one that can also be used like a cloud and it has a separate little "bubble" framelit. (Pretty clever use of tha,t Paula!)
Around each cloud I used my paper piercer. Then I connected the dots with the fine point tip of the Smoky Slate marker.

That whole postcard piece was popped up with Dimensionals.

Don't you just love it?

You can find all these products and more just by visiting my website! Click on "shop":


No comments:

Post a Comment