Monday, February 17, 2014

More Happy Watercolor

 As I mentioned in a previous post, I love the Happy Watercolor stamp set that is in the Occasions mini catalog! 


I've been "pinning" samples of this set on my Pinterest page since it came out. I knew that I had to copy some of the cards to have for myself - I love them so much! That's what we call CASEing - to CASE a sample is to "copy and steal everything". It is a practice that is encouraged in the stamping world! 

Sometimes you out and out copy a creation - you like everything about it and you're lucky enough to own everything to re-create it (isn't imitation a form of flattery?) Other times you copy an element or two from the card - the layout, the colors, etc., and put your own twist on it.

Either way, it is okay to do it - just be sure to give the original artist credit if you can!

These two cards are almost exact copies of those I saw. I changed a couple of things, but they very closely resemble the originals.

The original artist of this card is a demonstrator named Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek.
All of the ink colors are from the brights collection except the green "in color". I double-stamped (stamped "off") the "wash" stamp so a lighter version of the original, saturated color was achieved. The colors I used, from top to bottom are: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green and Tempting Turquoise. The card is Tempting Turquoise.

I used the Bitty Butterfly punch in the same colors of card stock, adhered them with Dimensionals, and added a Candy Dot from the Brights collection to the center of each butterfly. 

I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black ink, including a "thank you" on the inside.  Quick and easy, the rainbow card was finished!

------
This is a CASE of a card by Mary Brown. 

Here is the second flower from the same stamp set. It is a line-image stamp like the poppy (on a previous post), but I used a black marker and colored it all in to achieve a silhouette look. Don't forget that you can do this with any stamp just to change it up a bit!

Of course I used the "wash" stamp as a background (It's my favorite, can you tell?) The sentiment is from the hostess set, Simply Sketched

The card base, ribbon, and "wash"  stamp ink are all Simply Starfruit - an "in color" that will only be around until June 1. Be sure to purchase your ink refill and extra card stock before it is discontinued!

I also used the "lace" embossing folder from Delicate Designs to embellish the card. 

The finishing touch was a spray of Gold Glow Smooch Spritz. 

You can find the Happy Watercolor stamp set in the Occasions mini catalog. You can view that, along with the main catalog and the Sale-a-bration mini online at my website:

Reminder: When you spend $50 from now until the end of March you get to choose something free from the Sale-a-bration mini! Don't miss out on the extra value!





No comments:

Post a Comment