Sunday, February 23, 2014

Watercolor notecards

In every mini catalog Stampin' Up! comes out with at least one collection that I absolutely love. For the current Occasions mini catalog it is the watercolor collection: The Happy Watercolor stamp set, the Watercolor Wonder Notecards, the Designer Series Paper, the washi tape, the Fancy Foil vellum....

You have already seen a couple cards that I have made with the Happy Watercolor stamp set. Now let me show you a few that I have made with the Designer Notecard and Envelope set.

I surprised myself when I bought these. You see, I usually "boycott" notecards (and by boycott, I mean avoid) .... I don't know why. Are they hard to send through the mail or something? Do I feel that you have to hand them to people instead of mail them? Is it just because they are smaller in size? I don't know! How discriminatory!

It's kind of like how I don't buy anything that is French - like, if we have a stamp set that has the Eiffel Tower or French words - I usually won't buy it. I don't have anything against the French. But I am a Spanish teacher for goodness sake! So as  stylish as it may be, it's not happening.  (I have a similar hang up with realistic looking Mary and Joseph stamps at Christmas time. How do you know that's what they looked like?)

Silly, I know.

But, this time I ventured outside of "my box" and bought the notecards! ...And they didn't disappoint!

Not only were they pretty prints on watercolor paper, you get 20 cards and envelopes in the pack. That's a lot! There are five different designs and you get four  of each of the designs!

So, I set out yesterday to use them. I broke the pack open and again it crossed my mind - can you send these, or do you have to hand them to someone? 

The answer is yes you can mail them! Again, no idea why I had that idea in my head in the first place! 

So, anyway, yesterday I pulled them out  (not being able to mail them in mind) and I set out making a set of cards to hand someone - namely my husband. "Love notes" if you will, that I could periodically  leave on the table for him in the morning before he goes to work. He really does so much for us, and it is nice to be  thanked with a card. I make cards for everyone else - why not give him a card for no other reason than to let him know that I am thinking about him? Shame on me for not doing this more often all along.

So here are the four cards that I came up with:
One was inspired by our Stampin' Success magazine. Others are combinations of things that I have seenby  other demonstrators. I did not use the fifth design of the package (the rose).  I already had one card with flowers on it and that was pushing it! These cards are being given to a man, after all!

I had a particular method in mind when I made that flower card, though - using the Petite Petals punch in the center of the watercolor flowers of the designer series paper. 
It was a good tip shared on Pinterest. Just use that flowered paper and punch out the center of the flowers to get the more saturated color, but yet still get that watercolor look.

I also used the envelope liner framelits. Silly me! Because I don't usually make notecards (or those smaller 3 x 3 gift cards) I forget that they are included in that framlit set!
There they are! Same place as always!

I rarely cut out the whole envelope liners though. I save paper by only cutting out really what you can see when you open the envelope - the flap and a little bit past the envelope crease. 

There are so many things that I bet you can come up with! I know that in the future when I need a quick card I will have these on hand to finish. In fact, I have so many ideas already, I may just go ahead and make up bunch!

Try these for yourself and you'll see what I mean!

You'll find the Watercolor Wonder Designer note card set on page 22 three occasions Mini catalog.

Browse the mini catalog and more when you visit my website and click on "shop" in the upper right-hand corner:

Don't forget that when you spend $50 (until the end of March) you can choose something for free from the Sale-a-bration mini catalog!

No comments:

Post a Comment