Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sympathy Card for Lost Pet





I made this card for friend whose beloved pet passed away. I found it in my archives of picture files, and mine is "tweaked"bit from the original. The card base is Very Vanilla. The layering pieces are Soft Suede and the Newsprint Designer Series paper. I punched the large heart and four 3/4"circles from Soft Suede card stock. I used the So Sorry stamp set for the front and inside. Inside it says,"for the loss of your beloved pet". I love this set for this very reason - it has so many sayings so the set lends itself well to other instances,other than a death, that you might be sympathetic.

There are two other details that complete this card: the pearl on one of the paw "pads" and scalloped, dotted ribbon in Soft Suede. This was such a quick and easy card to make because of the punches.

I finished the project off with a matching envelope. I am all about matching envelopes these days. No more naked mail! I used the Envelope Liner Framelits for the Big Shot, and lined the envy with the same Newsprint DSP that I used on the card.

This an example of an easy "punch card". Make sure to subscribe to my emails and, if you're local, make it a point to attend a class!

No comments:

Post a Comment