Wednesday, January 1, 2014

So.... Let's Get This Party Started!

This is a birthday card for my sister-in-law Janet. I recently posted this on Facebook with the title,"An Oldie but Goodie" because it  a not a card that I just made. It had been in my stash of "neat cards made at stamp club" since last year. I thought it was a pretty card to give to her (she's "card-worthy" as we say in the stamp world!) and I chose it as the first card to feature on this blog, since it was time that we re-visited the "emboss resist" technique. Many times we get so caught up in learning all the new stuff that we forget about the old. The tried and true. The forever dependable. "Technique Book"-worthy.

Don't forget that once something is heat-embossed, it will resist any ink that you apply to the image. It "falls" into the areas around what is embossed and makes the image "pop". For example, in this card, I stamped the flower from Blooming with Kindness in either Versamark or White ink. Then I applied white emboss powder, shook off the excess (remember that it will stick to those thick, pigment inks) and heated it shortly with my heat gun until the powder melted. It is now raised slightly, glossy and permanent. Next, I simply applied Primrose Petals ink right over it, using a sponge dauber in a circular motion. Ta da! Emboss resist! (You can always wipe off any excess ink on the embossed image with a tissue.)

Here's a quick video of how to do the technique. I'll post the card as soon as I finish it..


I have some older videos posted on YouTube as well. Be sure to give them a "looksie" if you haven't done so before! They are listed by my name: Danielle George.

No comments:

Post a Comment