Thursday, January 2, 2014

C.'s card...





So I finished the emboss resist card today. I decided that I would make a card for my friend C., whose birthday is on Monday.

Since I used Marina Mist ink for the sponging, I decided to use the same color card stock for the base. I ran a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot, using the Elegant Fan emboss folder. Next, I cut out a square in the middle of that piece using the Square Collections Framelits and placed the embossed butterfly piece behind it. I made a frame, again using the Squares Collection Framelits (2 this time!) with the Champagne glimmer card stock. I used Dimensionals on the back of the white, and layered it onto the card.

I stamped the greeting from the Something to Celebrate set using the Marina ink on White card stock. I cut it like a "banner", tied some ribbon around it (Marina Mist, of course!), and attached it with Dimensionals again. I find that when gluing things to paper that has textured by the Big Shot, it is best to use these "pop dots". I finished the card off with a Champagne glimmer butterfly that was punched with the Bitty Butterfly punch.

Don't forget the matching envelope when making your cards! Like this one here, you can texturize the flap, stamp on it, or even make your own using the Envelope Punch Board  with coordinating paper.But THAT is a video for another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment