Saturday, May 24, 2014

May "2/5/15" class - Clean and Simple (CAS)

For the May 2/5/15 class, I went back to basics!

This popular class was originally named a "10/10/10". The premise was that you make 10 cards for $10 - each card was able to be made in just 10 minutes. (Boy, did it stress people out when I set a timer for the first class!)

But I digress...

Simple cards!
My class has evolved over the years to what it is today: making two each of five different designs for $15 (hence, "2/5/15"). Still a bargain at that price and you can save one card for your files and give one away!

Those who have been "regulars" of my class know that it is quite  a challenge for me to keep it very simple! I always want to show you some new product, technique, use ribbon, a cool embellishment, or multiple layers.

Well, this month I finally did it!

I kept it simple!

I looked for inspiration on the Internet... I have a board on Pinterest labeled "Stamping/CAS". When you see something labeled like that it stands for "clean and simple". 

Minimal, yet still beautiful.

Quickly done, yet striking.

These cards garnered good feedback comments at the class. I hope you feel the same way!
-----
Stamps: Best of Flowers (a smaller version of an image from Upsy Daisy)
Card stock: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder
Ink: Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: paper piercing pack -  essentials, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, sponge dauber 
(The Best of Flowers set was part of the 25-Year Celebration and is unfortunately no longer available to purchase)

Stamps: Daydream Medallion,  Sassy Salutations
Card stock: Whisper White (butterflies varied)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: rhinestones, Beautiful Wings embosslit

These next two cards were both made using the Wetlands stamp set.

The first card was done on Very Vanilla card stock. We used two markers: Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke.

The second card was done on Pool Party cards stock. These we used a Basic Gray ink pad and a corner rounder. The sentiment is from a retired set.

Finally, we used the Mosaic product bundle - the Mosaic Madness stamp set and matching punch:

This card is very "Pinteresting"....

The original idea came from my "CAS" board. I changed the original colors to Bermuda Bay, Basic Black and Gold - one of the pins I have on my "color combo" board.
Some paper piercing, a sentiment from Morning Meadow hostess set, and the Itty Bitty flower punch (with a pearl) complete the card!

Clean and simple (CAS)!
The next 2/5/15 class will be held on Friday, June 27. I offer two sessions for your convenience: 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM.

The deadline to sign-up is Wednesday the 25th at noon.

Hope to see you there! I will have the NEW CATALOG those who want a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment