Monday, May 5, 2014

What's cookin'? - "Crack" Cake

This past Friday night I followed the recipe that I had found on Pinterest. It was for "Crack" Cake.

No! There are no illegal substances used in this cake! My husband wouldn't allow that ,now would he?

But the name implies that it is addicting like crack!

Let me just say that I made this cake in the evening on Friday. By noon on Saturday it was gone.

One family of four devoured the "crack" cake. I'm embarrassed.

I am glad I didn't witness them sneaking to eat it or having the shakes or anything....

Seriously though, this cake was easy to make! It will be a hit when ever you choose to serve it!

For the cake:

  • 1 box yellow cake mix 
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine (ANY kind; "real" or "cooking" wine)

For the glaze:

  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ¼ cup white wine 
** Let me just say right here- you cannot taste the wine in the finished product! (For some that may be a bad thing - LOL - on the other hand, for me it was a good thing! )

----
•Mix all cake ingredients together.
•Pour into a greased bunt pan. (That's what I used, but I'm sure you could use another kind of pan.)
•Bake on 350° for one hour (or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean)

•Mix ingredients together for the glaze.

•While cake is still hot pour on the glaze.
Yes! it's a lot!

•Let cool completely.
•Loosen sides of cake from Bundt pan as much as possible (trust me on this one! - This is why you see a picture of the finished cake that came from the Internet! But, I guess in the long run, it didn't matter what it looked like!)

•Flip onto serving plate.

•Take a picture of it because it won't last long! Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment