Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Stamp club runs amok!



Just kidding, they were quite controlled...

What really happened was that I wasn't ready for stamp club. I haven't been feeling up to par lately and we had our date set. I didn't want to reschedule because products are running out quickly on the retired list - I don't want to be the cause of someone missing out on something they really want!

Of course I was so stressed out about this!

It's like when I used to have that nightmare the night before the first day of school every year - you know the one - where I wasn't prepared for teaching the class?

 Enter my logical and ever supportive husband.... "Just relax", he said. "You'll be able to get ready in time."

Well, you know what? For once I took his advice! I relaxed and didn't get stressed out!

In fact, you know what I did?

I texted them early in the day telling them that I had nothing ready... But if they wanted to look at my Pinterest boards and email me an idea... that would be great. We would do whatever they wanted and it would just be a "ladies stamping night" - fun!

We ended up doing one of the cards from my owl punch class - the baby clothes on the clothes line - because they liked that.

Then, one of the girls pulled up a card on the Internet that they all liked and they made that!

Here it is:
Isn't it great?

It features the Mixed Bunch stamp set and the Blossom punch. The colors used or Gumball Green (which we are all sad to see retire) and Calypso Coral. 

First a "blossom" was punched out of a Whisper White postcard. Next, a piece of Calypso Coral DSP was placed behind the punched-out area.

After stamping, they ran it through the Big Shot with the polkadot embossing folder, and embellished it with a ribbon, small punches, and a brad.

I think it's a great card and they all loved it!

Although I promise not to make a habit out of not being ready, this was great fun!

Thank you, Lisa, for doing the prep work for the card and to my fabulous stamp club just for being YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment