Thursday, January 29, 2015

Punch class -"love is in the air"

How does that saying go ? "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry".... 

"Love is in the Air" punch class- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 @ 6:30 PM

I had scheduled this punch class for last night but due to the snowstorm we had on Tuesday, I had to cancel because, although my driveway was clear (!), there was nowhere to park!

I will not be rescheduling this class due to time constraints!

Therefore, this class is now available only on a "to go" basis.

Please let me know by Sunday, February 1 if you would like to purchase these un- assembled cards, and I will mail them out to you on Monday. Cost: $10 for a kit to make all three cards (plus envelopes).

I showed you a preview the other day. Now I would like to go over the details so you can assemble them at home.

Card #1: lovebirds
I had this card pinned on my Pinterest "punch cards" board. Unfortunately, I don't remember the original pinner's name, so as to give the credit for this card idea. (sorry!)

Making a chickadee using the bird builder punch is something I had done before.

 A few years back, I had offered a series of punch classes called "birdwatchers". Using the above punch we were able to create a variety of bird species.

Basically, you punch out birds/wings from different colors of card stock, cut them and layer them. A white gel pen and/or a fine-tip black marker will help you make simple eyes.

For the chickadee, you will need to punch out a white bird, a gray bird and a black bird. You also need one gray wing.

In the picture below you can see the blue bird "templates" that I followed for cutting the gray and black birds into pieces:
By doing this, I was able to layer on the white bird a black head and a gray back area. Then, I simply added the gray wing and added sponging to his white breast area.

The branches also come from the same punch.

The hearts were made by using an old Embosslit I had  for the Big Shot called "Fashionable Hearts".



Card #2: robot
I loved this card as soon as I saw it! I even knew who I was going to send it to - my nephew Sam. He is going to love this card! Not only is every four-year-old boy a fan of robots, (and this one is too cute!) BUT what makes it even better is that a Hershey nugget (affixed with some glue dots) fits perfectly to the body:

Aside from the greeting I chose, this is pretty much a CASE of a card by Dawn Olchefske.

It is made with circle punches, a couple of hearts, and a couple pieces of scrap paper! 

The brushed silver strips for arms and legs are accordion-folded at every quarter inch. (2 1/2" x 1/4") You'll probably have longer legs than you want, so be sure to snip a little off so that you can use it for his neck!

Here is the link to her fabulous video which gives you dimensions and explains how to put it all together!


Card #3: phone



How cute is this?

My iPhone is like my "third arm", so making a valentine that looks like a smart phone was a natural choice!



She will have all the dimensions for you there, but basically you start with a 3 x 11" piece of colored card stock and score it at 5 1/2 inches.

To the corner-rounded screen piece you're going to add your "text message".

You can add anything you want when you use the Word Bubble framelits for your Big Shot:
I followed her lead and used greetings from the coordinating Just Sayin' stamp set:
It's a perfect card to give my husband ANYtime because I genuinely miss him as soon as he walks out the door ,and we text each other several times throughout the day. (Aaawww...)

PERFECT!

I love these cards and I know you will too!

If you don't own all the punches why not try my class "to go"?

I will do all the punching and stamping for you! The only thing you need to do is glue! (As always, I highly recommend Tombow Multi glue because it's great for using on small pieces that we often encounter in punch class.)

If you do decide to take me up on this offer, please email me or leave a comment below by this Sunday and I will send you my address so you can send your cash or check.



No comments:

Post a Comment