Monday, January 26, 2015

My Paper Pumpkin (revisited)

Usually, when my monthly MPP kit arrives I do a couple of the projects - enough to take some photos and blog about it - I don't finish the whole kit.

The last couple of months though, I have been getting together with friends to work on the kit (so much more fun!). In doing so, I have been able to finish a couple of the MPP kits. I do the projects exactly how they are described in the instructions - no thinking outside the box.

But there is so much left over! You are almost forced to create!

It is at this time I consult my Pinterest boards to see what other people have done with their leftover supplies.

The January MPP kit "All Shook Up" is a prime example of this.  We made all nine cards that the kit intended to make, but there was so much left over and I couldn't throw it away!

I followed some examples that I saw and wanted to share them with you to show you that you really do get a lot for your money with these monthly kits!

In a previous post I showed you a few of  the nine cards you could make with the "All Shook Up" kit:

Here's what I did with the leftover pieces from which the "confetti" stars were punched:
 The used coordinating card stock and ink for the kit stamps. Behind each of the star cut-out strips were pieces of metallic (gold or silver) foil paper. I finished it off with either gold or silver ribbon.

This set will make it cute gift for someone after I include envelopes (perhaps lined with the metallic foil paper like I used on the cards ) and put it in a pretty package!

Similar to the ones above, but I really liked this color combo of the pistachio and wisteria! Matching wisteria baker's twine completes the card.

The following sample was shown on the Stampin' Up! blog. I just made my own:
A Clean And Simple card made with the kit stamps . That little heart you see is actually a sequin from last year's in-color embellishments.

 Here is a similar card, but this time I used a new trick with heart punches (that I will explain in a different post):
The greeting stamps included in this kit are so versatile. I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of them.

And finally, another card using the star punch-out strips, one of the stamps, and some of the sequins from the kit:

Wow! Believe it or not, I still have more "leftovers" sitting on my stamp room desk! I put them aside for a rainy (or snowy day). Next week we are getting together to do the January kit, which is little Valentine packages  - I can't wait!

Right now during Sale-a-Bration, which ends March 31, you can save $5 on a 3 month pre-paid subscription AND qualify for a free gift from the Sale-a-Bration brochure !!

Click on this link to find out more!

Sign up to receive my paper pumpkin kids each month! Then, come over my house to enjoy the company of others wow putting together the kit. Or, get together with your own group of friends for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment