Sunday, September 7, 2014

Set Sampler - For All Things



Last week I posted a picture on Facebook of some new product that I had ordered from the new Holiday catalog. 


There is still so much I want to do!!! There are not enough hours in the day! 

But, I did manage to play with the set For All Things the other day. In fact I had every intention of posting this yesterday for "Set Sampler Saturday". But, last night, instead of doing my post as I initially intended, I ended up reading a book from cover to cover. Holy smokes!

So blogging had to wait...

Anyway, on Friday I made several cards using this set. I made all fall cards, but there are several elements that can be used from this set on other occasion cards!

The first is a very simple card, and it is a CASE of a card I saw on Pinterest by Jana Gann. 


The card base is Always Artichoke with a layer of Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla. The leaves were stamped in Hello Honey and Cajun Craze. The acorns and sentiment are done in Early Espresso ink. Burlap ribbon was glued in between the top layers.
----
Card #2 is still simple but involves a little bit of heat embossing. It is a re-creation of a similar card by Stefanie Pletscher:
The card base is Crumb Cake.  The second layer is a piece of Core'dinations card stock (Early Espresso) from the Neutrals pack. I recently bought it off of the clearance rack! I love that "aged" look when you sand it like I did on the edges!

The main image was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock. The inks used were Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and VersaMark, for the embossed image, which was done with gold powder.

I love the watercolor look that many sets are using this year - this background "blob" can be used with many other sets without really watercoloring (and getting my paper really wet and waiting for it to dry!)
----
My third card was shared on a Facebook group last week by my upline. I loved the colors of it and knew, right away, that I wanted to copy it!

As I was making the card, I once again faced my age old problem: thinking that I own something and I don't.... (I'm sure you've all heard my old story of emailing my downline to see who had a particular  alphabet set of mine - when in fact I really didn't own it, I just thought I did! Whoops...)

In this case it was the yellow (Hello Honey) ribbon! I ordered it but it isn't in my possession yet! DUH!

Well, as soon as it arrives it's going to be added to this card!

See, here is Pam Strobel's original card followed by the one I did: 



It's still looks pretty I just really like it with the Hello Honey ribbon also. Colors of this card are: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist - ink, ribbon and card stock!

Aren't the colors great? All three of them are In Colors and all five of them (the In Colors) coordinate easily! 

Plus, by stamping the same image repeatedly in different colors, it looks like I used a piece of Designer Series Paper, when in fact it really is just stamped card stock!
-----
The 4th card is not my favorite. 

Did you ever start creating something only to have it end up so busy looking because you used everything that came to mind?

That's this card!

I started out stamping the background. After adding the "splotches" from Gorgeous Grunge, it was too much of the same colors. I tried to break up the color with an accent color (Blackberry Bliss) from the coordinating Color Me Autumn washi tape.

Too much going on!

This one is headed for the trash, for sure!

So, why am I bothering to post it then?

I just wanted to show you what I did with the burlap ribbon!

It looks great when you fray the edges by simply pulling some of the fibers out...

And those loose fibers are used like linen thread in tying this not together!

In my opinion all is not wasted because I have found techniques to use on other cards.

Besides, I don't want you to think that I never make cards that end up in the trash!
-----
Be sure to check out the online store, weekly deals, clearance rack, and new photopolymer sets on Stamping Up's website! You can get there by following this link to my website and clicking on "shop" in the upper right-hand corner:

No comments:

Post a Comment