Friday, June 13, 2014

Blendabilities Markers!


As you probably all know by now, we have a new catalog that was effective starting June 1. One of the hot-ticket items for the year is going to be the new Blendabilities markers! Even though they're not going to be available for purchase until August, they allowed demonstrators to pre-order them now in the six colors available, so we could start playing with them in order to teach you how to use them.

Blendabilities are alcohol-based markers, much like another very popular brand!

You can combine colors and blend out the lines where the colors meet making your coloring look oh-so-natural! There is even a special pen called a Color Lifter that "pushes" the color - you can see where I used it on my flower - the areas are lighter.

Stampin' Up! has come out with an effective, yet inexpensive, way to market them.

We are selling three shades of a certain color )light, medium, and dark) as a set for only $11.95!  There also is a larger set of skin tone colors that will sell for $22.95.

The Blendabilities markers will be available to customers in August. Stampin' Up! is anticipating their popularity and they are allowing this time to overstock their inventory.

Until then I can continue to play and show you what I make with them! (And get better at using them!)

I started with the new Blended Bloom stamp, and the pack of Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities, as well as the 3-pack of Daffodil Delight.
I will be demonstrating how to use the markers at summer stamp clubs. Stamp club participants will also have a chance to play with them before they become available in August.

One thing I really like is, that you can use the Blendabilities to add color to your rhinestones and pearls, because they are out alcohol-based!

It is recommended that you stamp in the new Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad on Whisper White card stock. You will have to cut your image out (or layer your main piece), as the colors do run through the paper.

After I cut my flower out I decided that I wanted to add brown to the center. I used the Bronze and Mocha, the two darkest brown shades, from the skin tone assortment. I colored the center of the flower (no blending) and also the rhinestones.
I decided to make a card for my mother. She helped me so much last week when she was here for my son's graduation party! She always loves my cards, and I know she will be impressed with this one, because she saw just the Blended Bloom sitting on my stamp room desk, unfinished.

The card base is Very Vanilla with a layer of the new In Color Hello Honey and Early Espresso. I stamped in the gold Encore ink with the Dictionary background stamp. The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen (now retired). I finished it off with new ribbon in Tangelo Twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment