Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August stamp club - Add dimension with cotton!

In stamp club we usually make two or three cards/projects.

This month was no different!

I have already blogged about our other two projects. Today I want to share with you the third:
Though we used a retired hostess set from last year, I love the dimension on this card.

The flower is puffed out! Can you tell?

I hope so! It really is great in person!

My card was done on Calypso Coral card stock. I used the Calypso Coral and Old Olive Blendabilities markers to color in the flower. The "splatter" was added in Old Olive by using a stamp from Gorgeous Grunge.



If you look closely you will see a stamp from the new Bordering Blooms set close to the crease - very subtly done in Veramark ink.


The final touches for this card were some ribbon and lace tape.

I wanted my stamp club members to use some of the new colors that are now available in the Blendabilities markers, so the colors of our cards were all different!

Here is Barbara's card done with the Night of Navy Blendabilities:

And here is Terri proudly showing the card that she created. Terri chose to use the Melon Mambo collection Blendabilities. Her card base is Wisteria Wonder.

Not sure what to call this technique... It involves gluing some cotton behind the image and then dry embossing it with a stylus in order to make it "poof" outward.

Therefore I call it the "cotton ball poofy" stamp technique! (Very creative, huh?)

Here I will try to explain how to do it in this video:



This is the finished card:
Here are some close-ups of the "poofed out" goose:


For this card I used the Wetlands stamps that along with the Hardwood background stamp.

The ink used was Early Espresso, done on Very Vanilla card stock.
The base card and layering piece are Old Olive.

I colored the goose using blender pens with Sahara Sand and Old Olive ink pads.

The finishing embellishments are the burlap ribbon, linen thread, and a button.

A wonderful masculine card that has already been sent in the mail!

I can't wait to try this technique on other stamp sets!

A jolly, fat Santa comes quickly to mind....

I might have to get a Santa  from the new Holiday catalog that comes out September 1!

As always, if you are interested in ordering any Stampin Up! product, please visit my demonstrator website and click "shop" in the upper right-hand corner:

And also, as always, I am available for help if you need it - just leave a comment on this blog or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment