Thursday, August 14, 2014

August stamp club - Christmas set available now!



On September 1 the new Holiday catalog will be available!

It's chock-full of new holiday sets, kits, and accessories - Halloween through Christmas. It's FANTASTIC! 

If you're like me, you can't wait that long! For that reason (and that reason only) September 1 can't come soon enough!

Knowing that many of us are similar in our addiction to have new stuff (!) and get started on our Christmas cards, Stampin' Up! made one set available early!

The Beauty of the Season stamp set is now available for purchase!
I'm happy that I got the set!

Not only do I love birds, but I also like the sayings that come with the set, and the single branch image, which I can see being used as a repetitive background image.

We made the card above as part of our August stamp club. I wanted to use this set because I knew everyone would love it!

It also was an example of coloring with blender pens. Lately we've been doing a lot with the new Blendabilities markers, and my friend Terri wanted to see the difference between the coloring methods.


When you have a large image, such as this cardinal on the branch, and you don't feel like coloring it all, you can rely on the spotlighting technique to draw attention to one particular area, and save you some work!

You can see how we did it (again) using the banner framelits.


The image was stamped once on my card base and again and then cut out with the banner. It's placed directly over the same stamped area and adhered with Dimensionals.

We colored the image with blender pens and ink pads (squeezing the pad and lid together and then taking the ink off of the lid).


Here is another card I did - same set, same technique:

On this card I used different framelits, as you can see. I also used an aqua painter and some Soft Sky ink to do a watercolor wash on the background piece.




Try the spotlight technique today with your favorite stamp set!

Better yet, try it with the Nature's Beauty set, available now, and featured in the Holiday catalog beginning September 1!

For that and more, please visit my website! 

Click on "shop" in the upper right-hand corner for all you stamping and scrapbooking needs!


No comments:

Post a Comment