Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What's cookin'? - Yummy NutriBullet Smoothie

Just a quick recipe today!

I know many of you own a NutriBullet, so I'm always wanting to find and share new recipes.

This one is an adaptation of one I found onlin, called "4 Ingredient Blueberry Smoothie".  The only change I made from the original is that I made it into a "green" smoothie by adding greens. Now it's a 5 Ingredient Blueberry Smoothie!

Since I find that the addition of greens really doesn't change the taste at all I'm just adding more vitamins! That's good, right? Green smoothies boast LOTS of health benefits, but I just look at it as a way to add more vegetables to my diet.

Besides, right now we have an abundance of kale and chard in our garden. You can only eat it as a side dish so many nights a week! I mix it with store-bought spinach (since we didn't plant any.) 

Here's what I do. Again, you can omit the greens for the original recipe I found!

My Favorite Blueberry Smoothie

• 2 handfuls greens (I use the mixture, but spinach alone works just as well!)
• 1 banana
• 1c blueberries
• 1T chia seeds
• almond milk (to the fill line)

**  Notes:
BlendLet sit about 10 minutes, and blend again. That lets the Chia seeds do "their thing" by soaking up the water; allowing this to happen helps you feel fuller longer!

Frozen fruit (either the berries or banana) would be recommended for a cold smoothie!

I use unsweetened almond milk, but vanilla would only make it better! Water also works very well in smoothies. In fact, it's what I usually use!

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment