Sunday, July 20, 2014

Set Sampler Saturday - Pictogram Punches!

I knew it would happen sooner or later... "Set Sampler Saturday" has become "Set Sampler Sunday!"

What can I say? 

Life happens!

I started today off by making a graduation card from my son who is going to yet another party!

Isn't this great? I followed a design by Mary Brown on splitcoastampers.com.
I changed the colors to match the school colors (Pacific Point and Cherry Cobbler). Since this card was going to be given to a girl, the "bling" was rather appropriate!
(PS - I used a scallop circle-punched piece of card stock as a guide for perfectly placing the rhinestones in the circle!)

Of course it's the weekend so usual chores need to be done. 

By late afternoon, we were dropping the youngest son off to a birthday party while we ventured out on our own "date" night. - We went to IKEA to look at kitchen cabinets! LoL. 

We ate a quick bite at a diner, and by 10:20, picked up the one who was at the birthday party. 

I officially finished my third card at 12:03AM.

Darn it! 

Oh well, better late than never, I always say!

This is Pictogram Punches! It's a new set in the Stampin' Up! catalog. I love this set not only because you can use it for several different occasions, but also because it coordinates with the Itty-Bitty Accents punch pack!
All three of the cards I made tonight were inspired by cards that I've "pinned" on Pinterest. 

This first card was also originally made by Mary Brown. (You might know her as "stampercamper", her screen name. I'm a big fan of her work!) Anyway, I followed her original design almost exactly, except that I switched the colors around. In other words, wherever she used Blackberry Bliss, I used Hello Honey instead and vice versa. 

Colors: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Moonlight DSP paper stack
Stamps: Pictogram Punches
Other: Blackberry Bliss ribbon, rhinestones, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Star Framelits 

For the second card, I consulted my "color combos" board on Pinterest. Here is what I chose:
How fun! 

This came off of the design-seeds.com website. I interpreted the colors the best I could and here is the card that I made, based on a design by Julie Davison.

Colors: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade
StampsPictogram Punches, Hello & Thank You
Other: washi tape and Tangerine Tango (from Retro Fresh collection), Itty Bitty Accents punch pack

The third card I made was quick and easy! I based it, as well, on a card that I had seen on the Internet. I switched the stamps and the color scheme to one I had found on  colorthrowdown.blogspot:

I love taking every day sightings and interpreting the colors to match Stampin' Up's! color pallette! (like when I shop for clothes nowadays... It's not simply a green blouse... It's "Old Olive", "Gumball Green", "Mossy Meadow" etc.)  I spend so much time working with these colors that everything in my life now is compared to that color spectrum! 

Colors: as listed above plus Black and white!
Stamps: Pictogram Punches, Gorgeous Grunge
Other: Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, Heart Framelits


That's it for now!
I'm sure I will use this set again in the future!

If you are interested in any of the items mentioned in this post, be sure to either contact me (Dandyspandy@sbcglobal.net) or visit my website at:http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/dandyspandy/
You can place an order by simply clicking on "shop" in the upper right-hand corner. All catalog merchandise (and more!) is available in the online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment