Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Organizing Framelits



I have been wanting to change the way I organize my framelits for the Big Shot. 


All framelits come in a sturdy opaque envelope. They are attached to an inner piece of cardboard with a strip of really sticky double-sided adhesive. Half the time I feel like I'm going to bend my framelits when I try to pull them off! The other half of the time I get so frustrated because if I don't put them back on the adhesive strip, they end up falling right off and it's hard to put them all back in their envelope.

Here is what I mean:
See how they're floating around in there? Imagine a set with lots of little pieces!

I always spend a lot of time on Pinterest late at night. (If you know the follow me on Pinterest already know this) -ha ha!

I pinned a couple of different ideas for Framelit storage.

Some stampers are using a 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 photo album to store and organize their framelit collection. They are putting a set of framelits in each page sleeve.

 I have a box that I keep them in and I'm happy with that system. The box is from Creative Memories, and it was a "photo keeper". (I don't know if that is the official name, but it is wide enough to accommodate my larger size envelopes. - you know like the envelope liner framlits?)
(I keep my embossing folders in one of the storage boxes from Stampin' Up! -Perfect!)

Whether you put your framelits in an album or keep them in a container like I do, the element that all the posts seem to have in common is.... magnets.

I did a video when we first started to carry the framelits. I showed a couple of different ways how to use the heart framelits, and also how I stored them on a magnet sheet:

Problem is.... Stampin' Up! no longer sells the magnet sheets!

What to do...  what to do?

Who ever came up with this idea was a genius!
Yet another trip to Home Depot in order to purchase something not for its original use! 

(By the way, now that there is going to be a mad rush on this product, look for it in the plumbing, cooling and heating section of the store!)

These came in a three pack, 8" x 15", for only $4.50! I bought two, but I'm sure as my framelit collection grows (have you seen the new catalog?) I will be making more trips to Home Depot!

I cut it to the size of most of my framelits (6" x 5 3/4").
(I've had these goodies in my stamp room for years: a rotary cutter and a large cutting mat! I'm sure you could just as easily use scissors ,or even your paper cutter on this thin magnet sheet.)

No more messy framelits!
And because I had at least a 2" strip left over from what I cut, I put those to use as well!  No waste here! They were perfect for my smaller framelits!
I still have some small strips left over. I may even try this idea with framelits that match a particular stamp set:
Genius! (Tip was shared by Australian demonstrator Leonie Schroeder, on her website stamp-a-latte.com)

Try these tips! They will make your stamp room more organized and your life thatmuch easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment