Monday, July 14, 2014

July stamp club!

There usually is always a method to my madness when I plan the projects that we do each month at stamp club.

This month, I particularly wanted to focus on using framelits for the Big Shot and  the skin tone Blendabilities alcohol markers.

When I gave out catalogs in June, I included a coupon page that I had created. My July coupon is for framelits (and a free pack of glimmer paper!)

Since Stampin' Up! made six colors of Blendabilities available (and the skin tone assortment) on July 1, I decided to go ahead and honor the coupon for August (which is for the markers) as well as the July framelit coupon.

Therefore, our three projects revolved around using those products. 
These are the framelits we used: stars, banners and the window frame collection.

For our first card, I wanted to use the cute photopolymer set Sweetie Pie that I bought a few months ago. 
In our new catalog, there are more photopolymer sets available and they will be available all year! They come in a plastic case like our other stamps.

Sweetie Pies, however, is a set that was unveiled in our Online Store. They announce these, it seems, once a month - you just have to keep watching the Stampin' Up! blog!

You can put a photopolymer set that was announced online on any order but you can only view it online.

It will not come in a plastic case,  but rather a clear plastic envelope.

And unfortunately, as I have found out, they can sell out and no longer be available!

That is what happened with this set! It was announced and available for purchase for two months, if that. It was so popular that it's sold out right after I bought it!

I still wanted to use it, after all, it was brand new! Plus, it was the perfect set to use with the skintone Blendabilities.

I was sad to tell everyone that we were using a set that you could mo longer buy.

Hopefully, will see you somewhere again in the future! It's so stinkin' cute!

In the meantime, just last week they announced a new set called Dear Heart, which is a boy version of Sweetie Pie!
If you love this set as much as I do don't delay - buy it NOW  before it sells out too!

But I digress... back to club and Sweetie Pies...

(By the way, the Sweetie Pie Frames stamp set  is still available!)

Colors: Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo, Whisper White 
Ink: Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black, Blendabilities skin tone assortment

This was my guide for coloring her skin -please excuse my almost illegible scrawl! (At least it's better than this time last year!)

The finishing touch was a flower punched with the new Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.
Next, was a card I CASEd (and slightly changed) from Dawn Olchefske.


Colors: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist
Accessories: star framelits, banner framelits, NEW jumbo dots embossing folder, Dazzling Dismonds glimmer paper, rhinestones, chevron ribbon
Stamps: Pictogram Punches (images match the Itty Bitty Accent punch pack!)
Last but not least, a slightly tweaked version of a card that is in our catalog! 

I had a lot of help on this one! Check out this video by Wendy Cranford:

Colors: Lost Lagoon
Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes photopolymer 

Paper: Moonlight DSP Paper Stack and Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper 
Other: banner framelits, Basic Gray ink, rhinestones, Tombow Liquid Glue
A "Godsend" in this case! We applied the glue to EDGES of the inner star!

All in all, this card isn't as difficult as it looks. It's really very easy - just be sure to have a scoring tool nearby!

I'm happy to give credit to the demonstrators that created these projects originally! I'm even happier to share them with my club members and all of YOU!

Join a club today so that you can learn how to make great cards and projects like these! 
NEW CLUBS FORMING NOW!







No comments:

Post a Comment