Sunday, July 6, 2014

Set Sampler Saturday - Just Sayin'

Holy cow! I almost forgot!

It's "Set Sampler Saturday"!

This morning I remembered and went down to my stamp to make a few new cards. I had to stamp early because we were having a cookout today.... Then I forgot about it until now!

So, I have a whopping five minutes left to Saturday so, dammit, it's "Set Sampler Saturday"!

This week I'm using the set Just Sayin' and the matching Word Bubbles framelits.

My first card is a case of one shown in the catalog on page 109. 

I switched the colors up a bit, but it's basically the same design. The colors are Pool Party, Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango, and of course, touches of the gold vellum and foil paper! It also uses the solid gold washi tape from the Watercolor Wonder collection.
One and done! (Stamp, that is!)

My second card is a CASE of one seen on Pinterest.
The card base is So Saffron, with a strip of the Retro Fresh DSP (now retired) and 
Tangerine Tango washi tape from the Retro Fresh This and That collection.
The focal point uses the colors Soft Suede, Coastal Cabana, and Tangerine Tango.

I used some "homemade" gold sequins to embellish this card!

The third card is not new - we made this at a 2/5/15 class. I wanted to share it again because, like the others, it's a simple, yet striking card:
Here, the Wildflower Meadow emboss folder ( for the Big Shot) is used for a subtle background on the Basic Gray card stock.
... So, you have already seen how 3 of the stamps perfectly coordinate with the framelits. But, don't forget that you can use any other stamp in the Word Bubbles!

In fact, one in particular gets used a lot without words:
Here, the "thought" bubble is used as a cloud!

And below, you'll see that the negative space created by the "cloud" works well, too!

Have fun with this stamp set and the matching framelits!

As always, you can order these items and more by visiting my website and clicking "shop" in the upper right-hand corner!



No comments:

Post a Comment