Sunday, February 8, 2015

January My Paper Pumpkin kit


Last month's Paper Pumpkin kit has everything you need to make 24 (!) Valentine treat bags!

I'm not kidding! Here's what you get:
So much stuff and, it's really cute too!

But sadly, I no longer have use for 24 treat bags. When my kids were younger and I used to do class treats, I would need that. Not now.

Now, I only need a few of the treat bags that the kit was intended for. I still give my boys surprises on holidays and this year, I've been sending some surprise holiday goodies to some of Joseph's friends that went away to college. Everybody likes to get a surprise in the mail! Especially these days when kids rely on their phones so much, they hardly know what "snail mail" is. 

True story! 

You should have seen the addresses they gave to me when I asked - bits and pieces of information - not in any way resembling correct address form. Holy cow! Times have changed, huh?

They are so not used to checking their mailbox on a daily basis. Proof? One boy told me that he gets an email sent to him that says "you've got mail in your mailbox"! Isn't that funny? 

 When I asked my son to address his graduation "thank yous" this past summer, he did a poor job of addressing. Some comments I heard were, "It's not a useful skill anymore"...  "The post office is going to be obsolete anyway soon. No one sends mail". 

Ha! He hasn't experienced the grown-up responsibility of bills yet! He'll have those college loans to pay too… 

Maybe he is right - you can even pay bills online now... Hmmpf! Technology!

I used the kit to make as many treat bags as I would need:
Then I had tons of leftovers! I still have some more, different, treats to do so I'm sure they will come in handy!

In the meantime though, I put them to use in some things that I found on the Internet....

A card....

See, you can even use the leftover "negative space" scraps! After punching out the hearts, don't throw away what's left over - you can use it like I did here. Even the arrow was made by cutting the "negative space" of one of the tag sheets! - All I did was add a gold foil heart.

Rachel Tessman has two videos out with projects she made with the leftovers:
(LOVE THE FROG CARD!)

I copied her rendition of Project Life page inserts. I have just about everything we offer with our new Project Life line, but haven't used it yet. So, by copying her example, I felt a safe "first fora"y into this new, faster way of scrapbooking:

This was so easy! 

I can only imagine that with the actual Project Life components it will be even easier! All the inserts are cut to size and decorated - and you get fun embellishments in the accessory kits. You really just need to pop pictures into the spaces provided. There is minimal trimming involved and we even offer framelits to do the cutting for you!

** On the top right insert, the arrow was made by cutting one of the red banners from the Paper Pumpkin kit in half and trimming the end:

You just place it behind the other hearts. By doing this, you can make the arrow appear as long as you want!

I had so much fun doing this Project Life page that I just had to finish it with old pictures that I hadn't put in a scrapbook...

More on Project Life in future posts...

For now, do you see how I added an extra Paper Pumpkin kit embellishment in the middle (with our wedding picture)? Again, I used the "negative space" from a tag to frame a portion of our wedding picture. I also added two banners from the kit and added my own gold foil hearts.

Moral of the story...

You can't go wrong by subscribing to our monthly Paper Pumpkin kits! This kit was primarily made for treat bags, but I show here that you can use the kit for other items if you have no need for treat bags.

A 3 month pre-subscription to MPP is on sale during Sale-a-Bration (until March 31)! 

You save $5 and will qualify for a  FREE Sale-a-Bration gift!

Visit my website today to get in on the Paper Pumpkin 3-month subscription special! http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/dandyspandy/

No comments:

Post a Comment