Thursday, March 19, 2015

What has Danielle been up to?

I have really been remiss in posting things on my blog lately, I know!

Gee, you would think that I haven't stamped OR cooked in over a month.

Not so!

I have oodles of pictures I have taken of delicious food that I have cooked! I promise to share recipes with you! (crab Alfredo, cauliflower "mashies", chicken thighs in a lemony butter sauce...)  BEWARE - it may just happen in a late night, no-sleep bombardment!

And, stamping....

I have been busy!

I'd like to share with you a few projects that I have been working on over the last few weeks:

A gift of thank you cards for a friend that just retired.
One of our wood mount stamp cases worked perfectly to house all cards and matching envelopes! The silver foil paper really added extra elegance to the envelope liners!

St. Paddy's Day treats....

At the end of the rainbow you will find a pot of gold…

Aren't  these just darling?

I made about eight of them (punch art at its best!) Besides giving them to my own boys, they were handed out to their friends (all high school-aged boys) and they were well received. The Skittles did not last long!

A gift for a student going abroad....

This one is a work in progress.

 I am meeting this friend on Sunday of this week so I have just a few more days to finish!

I bought the scrapbook kit called So You from the Stampin' Up! Occasions mini catalog. 

I did take some creative liberties with the front cover using a stamp from Adventure Awaits (also from Occasions mini).


The album itself shouldn't take me much time to complete, however. The kit is designed with acetate/transparency overlays for each picture page. You stamp on it with white Staz-on ink, and simply place a picture behind it!

Here is one  page I made with a piece of DSP behind it (from the Adventure Bound pack).
(Love this paper, especially for masculine purposes!)

I can't wait to complete this gift and give it to him!

I've already ordered a second one intended for my younger son who's going to Costa Rica this summer.

Perfect gift!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment