Friday, November 7, 2014

Christmas card punch class!

The first Christmas card punch class has passed, but there will be a second, different one, early in December. If you missed this one and didn't take advantage of the "to go" kit, you still have an opportunity to make really cute cards out of punched shapes!

I already showed you the first two cards during a sneak peek on this blog, Pinterest and Facebook.

I will start, however, with the third, unseen, card because it is new and it was the most simple!

Just by using two punched trees and a punched star we have a simple, fast Christmas card that is utterly delightful!

Paper: crumb cake and chocolate chip card stocks, Trim the Tree DSP paper stack (Holiday catalog), red glimmer paper

Punches: tree punch (Holiday catalog), star (from Itty Bitty Accents punch pack)


Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: Sassy Salutations 

Other: linen thread, gold basic metal buttons (Holiday catalog)

NOTES: I punched three trees in total: two out of DSP and one out of chocolate chip card stock. Then I could just trim away the tree trunk and glue it to the back of the DSP trees (I snipped off the tree trunks on those)
The other option of course, is to glue one DSP tree directly to the cardstock tree, but my hands weren't steady enough to get them glued evenly:
Fold one of your DSP trees/triangles in half and glue directly to the center of the flat tree. I used my favorite liquid multipurpose glue, but even glue dots would work.
By doing this you can add dimension to the card and it will still fold flat when mailing/giving!

Tie it all up with some linen thread and the gold button. DONE!

Phew! That was a long explanation for a five minute card! LOL
---------

By the way does any one else's work area look like this, or is it just me?
Really!

I have a 10-foot countertop on which to work but I end up with about 6 inches of workspace! As I'm working on a card all of the supplies just get thrown around - crowding any available space!

There must be a name for this condition....

I already suffer from "stampers butt", so I know there's a name for this out there as well. If you know it, let me know and I will bring it up at my next therapy session and see if I can't be cured.
UGH!
-----
One of the things I like about a punch class is that I use up some of my scraps. It's easy to punch pieces out of small leftover pieces of cardstock from other cards and/or projects!

Another thing that I like is that I often use retired products. At this class I don't feel the need to use all current items because many of my customers already own the punches that I use, and unlike club, there is no purchase commitment.

With that in mind, I bring you the next two cards...

Card #2

It is an exact copy of the card created by demonstrator Michelle Suit.

Paper: Garden Green, Basic Black, and Baked Brown Sugar cardstocks, Season of Style DSP paper stack (retired), red glimmer paper
Punches: 1" circle and 3/4" circle punches, snowflake punch (retired), circle framelits for Big Shot
Ink: Whisper White pad (can also use StazOn white), Black marker, White chalk marker

Stamp: Merry Little Christmas (retired)
Other: sponge daubers, silver 1/8" ribbon

Card #3


I created a card after seeing a picture of this ornament on Pinterest:
It was posted by Mercedes Weber, a member of the SU Artisan design team, on her blog last year. But, from what I understand after reading the post, it actually was a creation by her (then) 7-year old daughter Cami, in an effort to sell them and earn money for donation. WHAT A THOUGHTFUL CHILD! And, CREATIVE!

I turned it into a card by adding a few current elements:

PaperCrumb Cake, Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, and Basic Black cardstocks, Season of Style DSP paper stack (retired)
Punches: 1 3/8" circle, extra large oval, round tab punch (retired,) Festive Flurry framelits for Big Shot (retired), circle framelits for Big Shot, and Bitty Banner framelits for Big Shot

Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White (for sponging)
Stamp: greeting from White Christmas (Holiday catalog)
Other: Decorative Dots embossing folder,
Filigree Frame embossing folder (Holiday catalog), 
and frosted embellishments (retired)

**NOTE: For the scarf, I simply used the largest of the Bitty Banner framelits, cut it to fit his neck and used the leftover for the other piece of scarf.

Also, I lightly sponged white craft ink over the Filigree Frame-embossed card front.

For the greeting I simply "flagged" a long strip of white card stock and scored it twice on each side, adding Dimensionals under the main piece to make it pop up!

-----
I hope you find these explanations helpful whether you purchased the un-assembled card kit from me or you own all the punches and want to re-create these cards on your own.

To purchase any of these items please visit my website and click on "store" in the upper right-hand corner. http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/dandyspandy/

Hope to see you at the next Christmas card punched class! 
Date will be announced soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment