Friday, October 10, 2014

The punchcard that didn't make the class...

I saw a similar card on Pinterest and had to try it! 

It is a beauty!

My intention was to create it for the fall punch class.

Believe me when I say, those of you who attended the class would have killed me if we made this!

There were so many tiny pieces... This card is definitely a "one timer" - going to someone very "card worthy"!

I have to hand it to Alexandra Bleicher over at http://alexscreativecorner.blogspot.com/2014/05/apple-of-my-eye.html?m=1
She originally created this apple basket - she obviously has the patience of a saint - and her punch art is spectacular!


The basket was made with the Decorative Label punch - just trimmed a bit. 

The basket handle was made with the Modern Label punch cut in half.  


Those pieces were sent through the Big Shot with an embossing folder, and then sponged.

Making the apples is the tedious part.

Each apple is made from one of the petals on the Pansy punch.


The brown apple stems are actually brown cherry stems, punched from the Cupcake Builder punch glued behind each apple. (Ay, ay, ay!)

The tiny leaves also come from the Cupcake Builder punch. They are candle flames, believe it or not!


Cute, cute, cute!

BUT, unless I had several pairs of tweezers and magnifying glasses for everyone, this card wasn't happening at punch class!

I wanted to share it with you anyway so that you can make one of your own!

JUST ONE!
Hahahaha
 (Just don't blame me when you go cross-eyed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment