Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fall Punch Class - details

I love cards made with punches!

Let me rephrase that... I love cards that other people make with punches!

I save them to my computer and then I copy them. Sometimes I tweak them a little to make them more of my own.

But I am simply IN AWE of people who can look at shapes and create such magnificent designs with them! I can honestly say I've never looked at the Curly Label punch (for example) and thought "Hey, I know... I can make a scarecrow out of this!" I just don't see it.

To punch-art creators everywhere -- I salute you! BRILLIANT!

I had these three cards pinned to my "stamping - punch cards" board on Pinterest (although I have to give a "shout out" to my friend, Lisa B, who actually made the turkey before I did, and then I copied hers!

Let's take a closer look at each... shall we?

Card stock: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum (cut with the Deco Label framelits), 

Crushed Curry (cut with a circle framelit) and for the turkey: Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive (in a piece of retired DSP)
Inks: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
Stamps: Good Greetings (free set for $300 hostesses September through October!) 

and leaves from Days of Gratitude (Holiday catalog)
This is the set that we will use to complete the Gratitude for Days BANNER. (I am having that class Monday, October 27.)

Punches: scallop circle (1 3/4"), 1" circle, Word Window, heart from Owl punch (used for feet and gobbler!)

Other: Googly eyes
-----
This cutie also uses the googly eyes!
Card stock: Hello Honey, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla (cut with the Top Note die for the Big Shot), 

Crumb Cake and a piece of Sweater Weather DSP (retired) for the hat, Pumpkin Pie  
Ink: Early Espesso
Stamp: For All Things (Holiday catalog)
Punches: Curly Label, Itty Bitty punch pack (flower)

Other: Candy dots, burlap ribbon, Googly eyes, brushed bronze button

Note: Our 1 1/4" Burlap ribbon is easily frayed! Several short pieces are adhered with liquid glue to make the scarecrow's hair. A long piece was threaded through the metallic button before adhering it to the card with glue dots.

-----
Our third card is the classic "pumpkin made from circle/ovals". We did a card like this in the past, but of course, different stamps were used - therefore a different card was made!


The nice thing about pumpkins is that, nature, there are no two the same. That lends itself to some flexibility when you're making them out of punches. Your pumpkin is the result of how you lay and/ or overlap the circles/ovals. Even this time I had someone who, instead of creating a large fat pumpkin, they created a taller, skinnier one. It was great!

Card stock: Old Olive, Confetti White
(for pumpkins: Pumpkin Pie and Crumb Cake)
Ink: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze
Stamps: Flowering Flourishes, Thankful For... (retired), and "you" from Endless Birthday Wishes


Punches: small oval,  1" circle, large oval, 1 3/8" circle
Other: sponge daubers

Note: for the "vines", to be able to get two colors on the image, you CAN use markers. But it was easier for us to ink the whole stamp in Old Olive, especially because I had placed both "vine" stamps on one clear block. Then, using a blender pen, we removed the green ink from the flowers. Using the Pumpkin Pie marker, we then colored the flowers before stamping!
-----
Like the October 2/5/15 class shows I'm ready to switch gears in my stamping and get ready for Christmas!

So, even though I haven't set a date yet, November and December  punch classes will both feature Christmas cards!

Which ones will I choose? Hmmmm.... There are so many fantastic ones out there!

Guess you'll just have to wait and see! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment