Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Throwback Thursday" - Easter cards

Today I was getting ready, making sure I had enough Easter cards to send to family next week. I had some recent ones from stamp clubs but I was short two and I had to go into the cardbox (a.k.a. "the stash").

I came across these two beauties that we made at least two years ago in a spring punch class:

I think I will send the "bunny butt" card to our nephew Sam. He will get a kick out of the soft cotton tail!

The bunny butt itself is made from basic circle and oval shapes.

The sky is sponged using a cloud stencil. Stampin' Up! no longer sells that stencil, but you can do the same thing using a piece of paper punched with the scallop circle!

The fence is made from strips of white card stock, but the tops of the vertical posts are actually pieces punched with the jewelry tag punch. You can't see that they are just little pieces of paper - the horizontal fence post hides the fact that it is separate!

You'll see variations of this card still around on the Internet. In fact, I think we made a similar version last year ) or the year before) with the bunny hopping into what looks to be a hole in a tree.

Too cute!

The second card shows a flower native to Hawaii called Heleconia.

Believe it or not, this flower was made with the bird builder punch! 

Look closely... The bottom three sections of the flower are actually the bird without a head! The top section of the flower is made with the wings of the bird!

 Amazing what a little sponging around the edges can do, huh?

I hope you have enjoyed these "throwback" cards! Now they are finally being sent after collecting dust in my stash! It's about time! Isn't that why we make cards? To send them?

Jenn....?

No comments:

Post a Comment